At Simple, we’re helping brands plan, create and optimise all their marketing activities to deliver exceptional customer experiences across every marketing touchpoint.
Our cloud-based platform provides a central workplace and source of truth that empowers marketing teams and their agencies with one view across all channels. Streamline collaboration, effectively manage budgets and workflows, automate approval processes, and unlock insights across teams, processes and campaigns.
Less complexity and more effective marketing? Simple.
About the Position:
You must be a fearless Product visionary, strategist and evangelist.
After moving our proven intelligent marketing platform to a new technology stack, we are in need of an experienced Product Director to build out this platform and help our global team and partners disrupt this rapidly growing category.
You are responsible for our product vision, strategy, design and development. You will oversee every element of our product from its conceptualisation to its launch and then post-launch performance. You will be strategic and commercial as you will make a real difference to our business.
You will have a natural authority and will be respected for the knowledge and experience you bring to the table.
Given our growing global business, you will be highly collaborative and used to working with teams in multiple locations and across multiple cultures. You will have a demonstrable track record of success in developing new and optimizing existing business software products and services that return high customer utility and drive significant revenue.
You will develop and lead a UK/EU-based Team, whose responsibility includes the definition, delivery, evolution, and ongoing management of Simple’s intelligent management platform.
- support the product development of Simple’s intelligent marketing platform (and thereby, delivering the next evolution of marketing planning)
- continued analysis of market trends by region, customer segment, distribution channel, content source and product line to strengthen market position and identify potential new opportunities
- global management of the Simple product management team (including partners and vendors – specifically, Microsoft)
- define and drive a cohesive product strategy across all of Simple’s products and services to meet current and future business & customer needs, and define the global product strategy, roadmap, and long-term solution vision for Simple’s innovative digital solutions
- to work cross-functionally with global R&D and regional business leadership to translate this strategy into new or enhanced products and services, and to perform build vs buy vs license analysis for product features to ensure commercial success
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years relevant and/or management experience in the business software product management field
- Experience in Marketing Resource Management (MRM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), digital marketing, media and advertising platforms and services.
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Track record of successful software product management, including development and launch of SaaS offerings
- Experience in managing a team of product managers and globally dispersed stakeholder relationships
- Experience working in a fast paced and creative environment
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a state of change, high growth and process development
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive on cross-functional collaboration, as this role must partner successfully with our international teams including Marketing, Finance, and Commercials
- Demonstrated people and time management skills to achieve performance goals
- Ability to drive and influence stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person), including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Robust salesforce.com &/or Microsoft 365 for Sales & Marketing experience
- Additional languages are a plus