Website Art of Catering
About Art of Catering:
Art of Catering is an event and function catering specialist, providing end to end services to a large variety of corporate clients. We offer front and back of house staff, self-serviced and serviced delivery of catering, equipment hire and custom catering services for large scale events. We also have a wholesale sushi offering for high volume sales. Our team prepares a wide range of menus including share platters, buffet & plated menus, canapes & basic finger food – plus amazing sandwiches, wraps & rolls – one of our biggest sellers.
About the Position:
Looking for the next step up in your kitchen career? We are an Ascot based catering company searching for our next team member to support and learn from our Head Chef, in the dynamic corporate events industry. Cooks, chefs or apprentices welcome to apply – ambition and dedication required, with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role. Start date ASAP.
The initial appointment will be on a casual basis (25-35hrs on average), with view to a permanent appointment for the right applicant. Roster is Monday to Friday, shifts between 5am to 5pm, with very minimal weekend work and nights. Hourly rate dependent on experience.
- Preparation and delivery of our daily catering menu, including share platters, sandwiches, canapes, buffets & occasional offsite preparation
- Adhering to our high level of food presentation
- Ordering and receiving goods in accordance with our food safety program
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness; and
- Ensuring the food safety program is being adhered to and accurately recorded
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2 years experience working in a busy kitchen and hold a Queensland drivers license
- Demonstrate great communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Display a knowledge and passion of food, with a commitment to preparing high quality and well presented dishes;
- Have great time management and organisational skills, with the proven ability to plan, prepare and execute tasks in a time pressured environment;
- Show a positive, team-oriented attitude and also have experience working automously;
- Offer flexible availability, including early mornings (5am starts) as well as occasional weekends;
- Be reliable and punctual
- Knife skills
- Canapes & finger food
- Buffet & banquet dishes
- Plated dishes
- 2 Years industry experience
To apply for this job please visit app.whozwho.com.